Tuesday, March 2, 2010

..A child lives inside me..

Some deem me to be sweet,

Some feel that I am kind,

Others may feel that I am nobody,

Let me confess, I don’t know myself…


Of all I know and what I feel

Is that a child lives inside me.


A child who likes to play all day,

A child who wants to make your day.

A child who likes to run after butterflies,

A child who likes to buzz just like a bee.


Of all I know and what I feel

Is that a child lives inside me.


A child who likes to sing to you,

A child who likes to look at you.

A child wants to be a part of your happiness,

A child who wants to rip away your sadness.


Of all I know and what I feel

Is that a child lives inside me.


A child who likes to dream all day long,

A child who likes to pray to God.

A child who wants to shine like a star,

As bright as sunshine could ever be.


Of all I know and what I feel

Is that a child lives inside me.


A child who wants nothing from you in return,

Except a warm bridge of love and shelter.

A child who expects nothing from you,

Except your words of guidance and support.


Of all I know and what I feel

Is that a child lives inside me.


A child who wants to have a nice bath every day,

A child who just wants a cozy bed to lay.

A child who likes to look at the sky above,

A child who likes to make castles in the mud.


Of all I know and what I feel

Is that a child lives inside me.


A child who wants to learn all the alphabets again,

A for apple, B for ball, C for cat and D for doll.

A child who likes to stare at the sparrows,

A child who likes to play with the doves.


Of all I know and what I feel

Is that a child lives inside me.


A child who likes to swing just like a daffodil,

A child who likes to collect white daisies and yellow buttercups.

A child who likes lying on the green grass,

A child who likes the smell of wet land.


Of all I know and what I feel

Is that a child lives inside me.


A child who likes to think, think and just think.

A child who likes to observe how the eyes blink.

A child who knows probably, nothing at all,

Except that life is much more beautiful than what we think.


Of all I know and what I feel

Is that a child REALLY lives inside me...


51 comments:

Neha said...

wow! after reading the lines i feel a child lives inside me too :)

Creativity!! said...

Wowwww!!!!!!!! Beautiful......Fantastic Write Up!!!!!

PinkZz said...

beaufiful write up :)

come join me :)

Truck Driver said...

hey this piece of ur work is really nice..... yes we all have a child inside us who wants to do all those kiddish stuff but yup not many like us can explain that in words beautifully like you did ....

Chocolate Lover said...

shweeeet :))

♫ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♫ ayu ♫ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♫ said...

this is so nice,,i like the repetition and the message..very self-relating :)

Urvashi said...

thts so sweet... :) :)

the thot itself is really beautiful n the way u put it up in a poem...actuall very sweet :)

Shruti said...

Some beautifully penned lines!
Loved it..Keep the poetry flowing in!!
Now following u too :-)

Rahul Khatri said...

Awesome poem!!

Better you, not only you, we all should, let that child within be always alive, shining bright like a star till the last breath!!

Makk said...

So Innocent.

Hows the child doing now a days?

Zave said...

Amazing write.
Great build up and what an end.
The last stanza still lingers in my head.
Really well done.

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Neha :)

absolutely :)
thanks :)

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Creativity :)

thankuu lady :)

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Pinkzz :)

let me just get free from my exams !
Ill be there for you :D
thanks !
cya

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Truck Driver :)


thanks you so much :)
nice seeing you here :)

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Chocolate lover :)

thankuu :)

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Ayu :)

thanks little sister :)

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Urvashi :)

thanku ! :)

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Shruti :)

two thanks then ! :D
and yes for sure :)
ill try my level best :)

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Rahul ! :)

yup !
thanks :)

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Makk !

the child is absolutely fine !
apart of the exams which are ripping me apart :D

thanks for dropping !

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Zave :)

I saw you dropping from indiblogger :)
thanks for making that much effort :)
really :)
and another thanks for appreciation :)

Nipun said...

U are really going to go places dear!
This poem is super awesome!
I have no adjectives to describe more of this.
I feel that the child is lost somewhere in this hectic world..:(
Your writing has brought it back to me...:)

Cheers

Nuts

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Nipun !

Awww :)
thank you so much :)
Absolutely..the world seems to swallow the child inside us..But never the less, A child is always alive deep inside us :)

thanks !

Chocolate Lover said...

Pankhuri you have been awarded on my blog check it out :))

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Chocolate lover :)

Awwwiee:):)
thankuu soo much:):)
its soo cute:)

hugs:)

Daniel Dragomirescu said...

You are a sensible poet. Congratulations.
Daniel D. Peaceman

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Daniel :)

well thank you ! :)
not a poet yet though :D
sensible part of the compliment I accept greedily :D
haha!

Chris said...

Great blog and post.

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Chris :)

thankuu!!

A New Beginning said...

this was so sweet!!:)
Loved the post!

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

A new beginning :)

Thankuu :)

Snow White said...

A child who wants nothing from you in return,

Except a warm bridge of love and shelter.

A child who expects nothing from you,

Except your words of guidance and support.

wonderful post dear,i really liked these 4 lines :) :)

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Snow white :)

thankuu :) :)

covnitkepr1 said...

Now that was really very nicely done.

I'm supporting this blog by being a "follower"

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

covnitkepr1 :)

Thanku so much!
I owe you one :D

Sorcerer said...

Hey! coming here after a break.

fantastic writeup..
awesome lines..

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Sorcerer :)

yup!

thanku :)

Jewelry Artisan: Harjot said...

WOAH. Amazing words! And I know a child lives in me and will forever..and I love this..

Sourav C. Pandey said...

The pretty and the lovable child ! :)

Sid said...

First time here.. good read

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Jewelry Artisan: Harjot :)

thanku for dropping by :)
indeed :)

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Sourav :)

winks ;)

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Sid :)

thanks for dropping by :)

Romeo said...

Such a sweet writeup Pankhuri..
Loved your post :)

http://romeo-das.blogspot.com/

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Romeo :)

thankuu :)

Fazee... said...

Very nicely written:)keep up the good work

..pAnKHuRi.. said...

Fazee :)

thanku! :)

Mohammed Ibrahim (Admin) said...

wow....gud post...well written..interesting subject and presentation...promoted it in indi...keep blogging and best wishes

By the way:
hi.........i'm a 15 year old blogger.....currently taking part in the "My Demand" contest......
please read my post n support me by voting if u find it interesting....

My post link: http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=30629

Greetings,
Mohammed!

Adol said...

What a wonderful quote? Really baby looks great. I like this baby very much.
Buy domain

Abhay Patel said...

Wow...really nice post. Thank you for sharing.

CAT 2012 Exams